- f-tree has been mutually developed by Clinical Genetics Department of Iwate Medical University and Holonic Systems Ltd.
- An earlier version of the tool, f-tree Ver. 1.1.5, is available at http://iwate-megabank.org/en/genetic/as a freeware program for the general public.
- f-tree is a registered trademark (5777066) with patent pending (2015-192113) in Japan.
- It will work on the Adobe AIR. We tested it on the MAC OS X / Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10.
- A video,explaining the usage of f-tree Ver. 1.1.5, is available on TOGO TV.
Produced by Dr. H. Ono and Dr. H. Bono of Database Center.
- f-tree is a software application that automatically creates a medical pedigree chart for a family by simply using the family's information, which is provided in the questionnaires.
- No specialized knowledge of clinical genetics is required to use f-tree.
- f-tree Ver. 2.0 is fully compliant with international recommendations for standardized human pedigree nomenclature.
- f-tree is the foremost tool, at present, capable of creating pedigree charts for genetic counseling.
- The application of f-tree is not limited to only heredity clinics, but ranges from secondary education to genome cohort studies that handle large volumes of data.
Sample pedigree charts using f-tree Ver.2.0.
f-tree Ver.2.0 List of symbols
Case 1: Marfan syndrome (autosomal dominant inheritance)
Case 2: Lynch syndrome (autosomal dominant inheritance)
Case 3: Phenylketonuria (autosomal recessive inheritance)
Case 4:Duchenne muscular dystrophy(X-linked inheritance)
Pedigree of the fictional family of Harry Potter from the J. K. Rowling Harry Potter series, partially modified
The ultimate pedigree challenge, partially modified from Bennett RL et al., 1995